- About Dr. Dipti Joshi:
- Address (Clinic):
- O/A/5, Tribhuvan Complex, Above Pizza Hut, Ghod Dod Road,
Surat-395007,, Gujarat, India
- Available on:
- Monday to Saturday
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
I have the privilege of being one of the first persons in Gujarat to be trained in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, from the Beck Institute Philadelphia.
I have done my PhD in Psychology from Gujarat University, and my Research Topic was ‘Variables Related To success in life”. For which I was awarded the Young Scientist Award at The Indian Science Congress in the year 2000.
I have been active in the field of psychology since 2001, I have been working in many areas, including psychological testing, counseling & psychotherapy, as well as conducting lectures, seminars and training programs.
In providing diagnostic services and psychometric testing, I use standardized IQ tests as well as Personality tests such as WISC, BKT, VSMS, DST, CARS, TAT, HTP, and BG etc.
For psychotherapy and counseling Iuse a combination of my core training in psychology along with, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and REBT Rational Emotive behavior Therapy, which are now a major tradition in psychotherapy.
Lectures and Seminars
I have been invited for several Lectures, Seminars and workshops to School, Colleges, and Community groups, Clubs, TV shows and Radio talks on several topics related to Psychology.
- Key Functional Strength:
- Guiding and supporting individuals towards lifestyle and Behavior change.
- Offering psychometric testing including IQ test and developmental level assessments and some other clinical test batteries.
- Offering psychotherapy to clients/patients on the basis of one’s requirement after conducting initial assessment and diagnosis of clients/ patient.
- Conducting individiual therapy, group therapy and couple's therapy with patients & their families.
- Imparting training programs and seminars through use of audio-visual aids.
- Authoring articles.
- Institutional Affiliations:
- Affiliated Member of American Psychological Association APA, Washington DC.
- Life & Founder Member – Gujarat Association of Practising Psychologist (GAPP ), Ahmedabad, India.
- Associate Member, Indian Science Congress Association, Calcutta, India.
- Life Member, Indian Association of Clinical Psychologist, India.
- Trainer and Facilitator at “ Morphic Minds” (CBT / REBT Training institute) under Dr. ShishirPalsapure - Associate Fellow and Supervisor Albert Ellis, New York, USA.
- Faculty at “ Jiyo Life Surat” - an online website for suicide prevention, Surat, India.
- Member of a website – “Parenting for Peace”.
- “YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD“ .National Award, January 2000. for A paper presented at Indian Science Congress in Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- Other Professional Contributions:
- Freelance writing for various publications on, relationships, self improvement. Articles and quotes featured in Times of India,NavbharatTimes, DivyaBhaskar, Sandesh, Gujaratmitra, Femina etc.
- Made several appearances as an Expert on various radio shows and TV shows giving opinions on relationship and mental health issues.
- Lectures and presentations with NGOs like ANIS for topics on - WomanEmpowerment like Confidence Building, Eve Teasing etc.
- Honorary consultation at camps, on topics like “ Screening of MentalRetardation”.
- Administered group screening test among school children.
- Conducted weekly workshop for children on topics like “Habits of Happy Children”.
- Conducted training programs for special educators and school teachers for the basic assessment and screening for early identification of disorders in children.
- Lectures by Invitation ( Past 5 Years ):
- 2009 March "Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families" A Book Review, South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce.
- 2009 September "Early Identification of Signs of Learning Disability in Primary School Going Children”' Essar International School Surat.
- 2009 October "Assessment techniques of Developmental Disorders in School” Essar International School, Surat.
- 2009 December “ Intervention and treatment of Learning Disability”, SNDT College, Surat.
- 2010 February “Euthanasia” SNDT College, Surat.
- 2010 March “Habits of highly effective women" Gateway Ladies Club, Surat.
- 2010 December “Sex education for adolescents”, Lourdes Convent School, Surat.
- 2010 May “How to deal with emotional problems in Families” Aggarwal Samaj, Surat.
- 2010 August "Emotional problems in Teenagers", Lourdes Covent School, Surat.
- 2010 October “Habits of Healthy Happy Families" Jain Samaj, Surat.
- 2010 November “ Raising Happy Healthy Self confident Children”, Young Ladies Club, Surat.
- 2011 May "Peak performing women" Buhrani Samaj Ladies Club, Surat.
- 2011 September “Seven Habits of Happy Kids" Narmad Library, Surat.
- 2011 October “Role of a Clinical Psychologist in a Family Court" Jiyo Life Helpline, Surat.
- 2012 March "Making your Marriage a success" K P Commerce College, Surat.
- 2012 June “The making of a happy family” Buhrani Samaj Ladies Club, Surat.
- 2013 May "Counseling People with Depression" Jeevan Astha Help line, Surat.
- 2013 June " Handling Emotional problems in old age" Senior Citizen's Club, Surat.
- 2013 July "The Social evil called Eve teasing" Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce Ladies Wing Surat.
- 2013 October "Building Self confidence” Khamar Youth Festival, Ambaji, Gujarat.
- 2014 September "Understanding and Handling Adolescents" Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- 2014 October, SVNIT Surat. 2 hours seminar topic "Essence od Adolesence".
- 2014 October, SVNIT Surat. 1 day 7 hours workshop topic "Essence od Adolesence".
- Professional Enhancement:
- Several workshops attended of subjects related to -Social Psychiatry, Educational Sciences, Adolescent Psychological Problems, Behavior Problems in Children, Drug Abuseetc.
- Annul seminars of Indian Science Congress Association and Indian association of Clinical Psychologists.
- Certified course on assessment of psychological disorders by NIMH (Hyderabad), October 2001.
- Certified in Cognitive BehaviorTherapy (CBT Level 1 &2), at “Morphic Minds” conducted by Dr. Shishir Palsapure- May 2012.
- Learning and Supervising at Train the trainer workshop conducted by Morphic Minds October 2012.
- Certified in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT Level 1&2), at “Morphic Minds” conducted by Dr. Shishir Palsapure- May 2013.
- Certified in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT Level 2), at Chennai, by Dr. Bolton & Dr. Andrew Back, Organised by CARE Institute of Behavioural Science, Chennai, India & Salford Cognitive Therapy Training Centre, Manchester, UK. September 2012.
- Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy – Conducted by Dr. Thomas M Brod. MD. January 2014.
- Facilitated and supervised CBT Workshops Level 1 & 2 Conducted by Morphic Minds, April-May 2014.
- Workshop at Beck Institute Philadelphia (USA) on "Teaching and Supervising CBT' in June 2014.
- Workshop at Beck Institute Philadelphia (USA) on " CBT for Children and Adolescents' in June 2014.
- Workshop at Beck Institute Philadelphia (USA) on " CBT for Anxiety Disorders' in May 2014.
- Seminar on “ Training in the DSM V Understanding and adapting to the changes in the Diagnostic Systems. The Albert Ellis Institute, New York. May 2014.
- Seminar on “ CBT/REBT : Similarities and DifferencesThe Albert Ellis Institute, New York. May 2014.